Monday, October 24, 2011

Disappointment

Wrote a couple of weeks ago that hubby had purchased a Toshiba laptop and I was enjoying it immensely, then on Friday in the middle of a huge project it crashed.  I had worked on a training manual all week and finally got the finishing touches on it and thank goodness saved the thing on my thumb drive.  Traversed to the kitchen to get dinner started and 30 minutes later returned to the message - crash dump file created! - call system administrator or technical support.  I did - call technical support, that is - and followed the technician's directions.  I was ready to box and ship this sucker right back, however he got me up and running in a matter of 90 minutes.  Is the machine damaged - I don't know.  Will it happen again - I don't know this either.  So far all is well and I am still saving to the thumb drive.  I think after the power source going out in my desktop I will always save to the thumb drive.  I will always have access to my files. 

Hubby took the desktop in and they replaced the power source so I am not with a computer if something goes wrong. 

I am watching carefully for any sign of trouble on the laptop so hopefully I will be able to react quickly if a problem is present.

Until next time . . .

Happy reading!
Belle

No comments: