Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fall 2011

A most beautiful fall with warm breezy days and cool nights.  Tonight we will have our first freeze of this winter season.  This week has been full of wonder - my wonder roses are blooming and my beautiful long stems have the best buds and blooms of the year.  I know they will be gone on the morrow if I don't get out and cut them this afternoon, but I do hate to cut my flowers. 

The turning leaves are at their peak and the woods are a palette of earthy tones.  Beautiful!  The deer are enjoying a bountiful harvest of acorns in the back and I have certainly enjoyed watching them munch the little nuts.

The winter will be cold and drab, but the spring will come again in all its spendor and warmth.  Time for soup, a warm fire and my lap blanket.

Have a blessed week and until next time . . .

Happy reading!
Belle

No comments: