Friday, March 17, 2017

On the cusp

Another end to this thing called winter is fast approaching and while the fall and early winter were relatively mild, the end has been fierce with its gusting winds and frigid air.  Those who read my blog regularly know that February is my least favorite month, but it is there so there you go! There are things in life that must be dealt with and deal with it we shall! 

According to the knowledgeable meteorologist, we are to have a pollen burst (whatever that is) brought on by the early warm temperatures followed by the recent frigid temperatures. Every spring is a pollen burst when plagued with allergies.  One can only hope that the "burst" will be fast and short!

My car is already tarnished with a coat of yellow which definitely does not accentuate the carbonite gray nor is it a welcome accessory to the matte black interior (doesn't matter if the windows are never down, the crap sneaks in through the air ducts!).

Anxious for the warming temps and visions of summer, hubby and I uncovered the pool and BAM! the frigid temps rolled in and picking those dreams right out of the air and scattering them northward! As much as I would love a thick blanket of snow, it is too close to Spring for me to welcome it with bated breathe and open arms. 

I trimmed the dead protective leaves of my banana tree right before this perilous weather and sit here wondering if those lovely green leaves will make a comeback giving my little feathered friends a perch when the weather does warm.  Most of the fruit trees and flowering shrubs bloomed only to  freeze in these devilish temps leaving it iffy if there will be pears or plums this year with few if any azaleas.

Yes, I am tired of soups and breads (potato, broccoli and cheese, cabbage and sausage, chili, vegetable, taco) I crave grilled chicken, steak, salmon and even burgers with a fresh salad on the side! 

I am ready to say goodbye to winter and "Hello" Spring! Thanks for visiting and remember to 

Keep Smilin!





No comments: