Thursday, August 6, 2009

One of my precious chickens has found an escape and will not stay in the pen. I have watched her and searched to find the loose spot to no avail. She has me whooped! I think the beautiful rooster from next door has taunted her into misbehaving and he is probably my problem. See - it is always temptation that is to blame never the guilty party. But I am not sure God gave chickens a choice - they just act on instinct. Come to think of it, a lot of humans are that way too; they have returned to their baser nature and their animalistic tendencies show themselves causing all thought or reason go out the window. Anyway the blasted chicken is out and I can't get her in. All prayers are appreciated.

My tomatoes are still going strong and the pepper plants are loaded. I hope that the rain over the earlier part of the week helped everyone else's garden as well.

I have spent the day cleaning out my book collection and trying to decide which ones to get rid of. Yes, I am selling some books. Some of you know that I never give up a book. I still have my geography book from the 4th grade that Mom and Dad had to buy because a couple of pages got torn. Well, I have it at any rate. It has been hard for me today; I can find more reasons to hang on to those books than to get rid of them. The only problem is, I can't get in my dining room with all the books on the floor, buffet, table, and anything that will hold a book. I have multiple copies of some of them, so those are easy.

I have to make a choice and that is never easy for me when it comes to books. I want them all. I do the same things with greeting cards. I have stacks of those stored away and there are days I pull them out and just let the memories flow.

Well, the waiting is killing me! The manuscripts are submitted and I am waiting. Here's to hoping it want take as long as it has in the last few months. Again, all prayers are needed. Thanks for the visit and appreciate you letting me vent. Til next time - Love to all!

Belle

No comments: