Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Girls

A sleep over with 3 girls of different ages - I could not imagine. My children had sleepovers which consisted of music playing all night, prank phone calls, science experiments conducted on the living room floor, consumption of more food than I could cook and sleeping till noon the next day.

I had the first ever sleep over for my grand daughters on Saturday - one of the quieter visits I can remember. They had a beautiful dress up session with a wedding dress, a prom dress, and a bridesmaid's dress. Each took turns with no rushing or arguing. They are all so wonderful! The three are so different in their looks, actions, and reactions, yet so alike in their love for each other and their choices of play. I can picture them now in their own prom dresses, but am not quite ready for the wedding dresses. At three, four and a half and seven, I think they have a little while to go and I can let them grow a bit before the wedding dress age.

The three year old is so solemn and serious, but a wonderful athlete. Beautiful eyes watching every move as she goes her own way, ignoring her cousins until they invade her space or intentionally leave her out. The four and a half with her petite self, quick as a sprite and so full of energy. Never still, always singing or dancing - she will be my vocalist or actress. The seven year old tall, graceful, and elegant with searching brown eyes reflecting much love and caring, yet shy on approach will probably be a designer.

They were early to bed and early up, which really surprised me. We had a good breakfast and everyone started on their separate ventures for the day. I want to do it again. They were wonderful to listen to and watch. Thanks to two great Mothers, I could just sit back and enjoy.

And, I now have six wonderful sun catchers hanging on my porch in just the right spot to glimpse as I write. My talented girls all painted them on Saturday night. It took the hummingbirds a little bit to become adjusted to the addition right above their feeder, but hunger won out and they are back. The cookie dough didn't make it to the oven, but is snug in the freezer waiting for the next visit when it can be shared with the only grandson who I missed very much this weekend.

I want to thank my children for knowing how to share their children with me and hubby. We love you guys!

No comments: