Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September

I am so glad that September comes only once a year. Hubby has been sick for 3 weeks of the month, grandbabies had the flu and now me. Just getting over a rough three days, but life does go on. Our bodies do not handle season changes as easy as they once did.

September leads to the season of dying back. The air cools, which is a blessing, which leads to the trees turning, the grass dying, and all the little varmints looking for a place to keep warm for the coming months. Soon the trees will be bare, but I will have my evergreens to give me sunshine and hope. I don't think I could make it through the winter if I didn't have my cedars. I have to have some green in my life. My house plants really get pampered during the winter, as that is all I have. I am getting back into my terrariums though and that is such a joy!

I get this from my Dad. At one time, everything he had was green - clothes and all. Every room in the house was painted some shade of green - Mom and Dad's bedroom was a awful kelly green - and they drove green cars - their old Toyota was baby poop green, can't miss that! When they attended the Governor's ball 40 years ago, Mom even wore a kelly green sheath - Yuck! Thankfully he has gotten past this and now has more color in his life.

Anyway, September brings on October and the first frost of the season and I have to wait until the end of February to see new life once again.

The good things about fall - a warm cozy fire, hot chocolate and a good book. So, I am getting ready to cozy up and talk hubby into building a fire. Everything will be winterized in another week and we can settle in to fall and getting ready for the Thanksgiving season.

Thanks for reading! Have a happy day!

Belle

No comments: