Thursday, October 7, 2010

Oh my!  I was taking stock of the front yard yesterday afternoon, planning what needs to be done and what needs to be left alone.  Low and behold, there at the end of the gutter at the downspout were two pretty little pines trees, sprouted and growing as pretty as you please.  Well, that is a sure sign to get it in gear and clean the gutters out.  The only problem is that end of the house is about 20 feet to the gutter and I will not climb that far without proper supervision.  So, a good excuse to put it off until I can find a responsible person to take care of that problem - usually my son. 

I have to clean some dead and damaged limbs out of the pear trees.  These trees have been here over fifty years and have to be petted and pampered at this stage.  My pears had some kind of blight last year, previously mentioned here, but they seem to have recovered from this.  This year the squirrels feasted on the blooms and the nuts from the baby pears dropping them to the ground for the rabbits to feast on as they came along.  Therefore, I had no pears this year either, which makes for two years in a row there will be no preserves.  I am thinking I am feeding God's creatures more than keeping food in the pantry.

There are many changes taking place in all our lives and this takes adjustments and reorganizing.  I am thankful for all of God's blessing for all time, but especially over the last few months.  I am thankful for God hearing and answering our prayers when our cousins serving this country were concerned.  One cousin arrived home safe and sound from Iraq this week. Thank you sweet Jesus!

My redneck chihuahuas are having quite a time adjusting to the drastic change in temperatures we have experienced over the last 3 weeks.  They have returned to their cuddle mode for warmth and have been spending more time inside.  They love the hot sun of summer, but that is passed and they are now waiting for me to build the first fire of fall so they can warm their backsides.

Have much to do so until next time  . . .

Happy reading!
Belle

No comments: