Saturday, December 3, 2016

Have you felt a difference in the climate of our fellow humans personality wise? 

I am not a shopper and hubby definitely is not, however today we both wanted to go looking.  There is nothing special, we were window shopping. Our little town has moved from downtown to the outskirts mainly northward toward the metropolis known as Atlanta. We don't have "shops" downtown so window shopping is a thing of the past. One doesn't get the feeling of warmth and stability from a strip mall and there is definitely no windows to shop. So I suppose we browse shopped.  

The many many people we encountered were friendly, courteous and accommodating - no pushing, shoving, ugly looks, or nasty comments.  At Hobby Lobby, the shopper behind me reminded me to use my 40% off coupon and offered hers as she already had it up on her phone! Pleasant - the whole shopping experience was just pleasant! 

I don't think it is just because of the season as in years past I have avoided shopping during the holidays.  Is it the idea of change in the government and promises of better governance from our political choices?  Is it the fact that after 40+ days with no rain and no cold weather we received both in the same week? 

I like it! More shopping may be in my future if the pleasantness continues. 

No comments: