Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cooking Hints

Yeah! My hubby has lost 51 pounds!  A huge milestone and he looks so good!

If we cook it, we will eat it!  If you are trying to lose weight or just cut back on your meat consumption, don't cook as much.  Three boneless chicken breast grilled will not feed five people - BUT - three diced grilled chicken breast in a vegetable and rice casserole yields a hearty meal for the family with no scrimping on taste!  The same applies to boneless pork chops and beef.  With the pork I use cream of celery soup in my casserole and with the beef I use cream of mushroom soup. 

Do you still make biscuits?  If I make a pan of ten biscuits, we will eat everyone!  If I make a pan of 36 biscuits, we will eat maybe five.  I make biscuits twice a week and store them in an air tight container.  Biscuits store very well if kept in a sealed container.  We take out what we want, pop in the microwave for 20-30 seconds and we don't overeat.  We still get our homemade biscuits everyday and I am not heating my oven everyday. 

No comments: