Thursday, March 18, 2010

Still no job and I haven't received any large checks from the publishing world, so I have decided to try an on line store with Etsy.  During the early 1980s I had a toy and hobby shop which lasted a whole two and a half years - the early 1980s were not the time for any new venture, but especially a toy store.  I had a great time with all the kids and they enjoyed the store, especially the hobby shop in the back where they could put together models and build their model rockets.  It was everything I had hoped for only it didn't make any money - so we packed up and everything went into storage.  Over the years much of the merchandise deterioted even in storage, but I managed to keep several containers well sealed and intact. 

It has been a joy to once again go through all the stuffed animals, figurines, and other items that tickled my fancy then and makes me smile now.  I had planned on selling these treasures at one of our yard sales and then for kicks started checking on-line to see if some may be collectibles.  Oh my goodness!  Yes, I had sold a $46 bear for $2.00 at one yard sale!  I reconnected with the collecting world and found I have a treasure trove in my little boxes.  I am slowly getting these little darlings unfrumped (storage makes them flat) and pictures made and posted.  I would love a visit from you at my new shop.  You can visit me at http://www.clairecollections.etsy.com/ - at least I think that is right. I am new at this, but I am learning fast.  My daughter has a shop that brings her much joy and keeps her creativity flowing.  I think when I get over the newness I will have as much fun.  I plan to add a section featuring my sewing projects, but that will come with time. 

I have not given up on my writing, just added some variety to my life.   My Spy Girls are still in the works and Sam and Zeb still have many adventures before them.  I am also working on another completely different line so we will see how that progresses.  I dreamed a story for the spy girls the other night but did not get up and write it down, so it is gone for now, but I know I will get it back in the next day or so.

Thanks for visiting!

Happy reading!
Belle

No comments: