Monday, May 9, 2011

Alabama

Hubby and I travelled to Alabama over the weekend for the wedding of a dear cousin and his lovely bride.  We met a lot of terrific people whose company we enjoyed all weekend.  The food at both the rehearsal dinner and the reception was exceptional.  The bride and groom entertained through all the festivities and still managed time for each other.  A lot of good memories were established by this unique pair.  Their love for each other, their God, their family and their friends was expressed throughout the rehearsal, wedding and reception.  I came home feeling blessed to have witnessed the occasion.

Mother's Day was bittersweet as I was not with either of my children as hubby and I travelled home.  Spoke with both though and I know as they know they are very much loved and have given me great joy.  I feel blessed to have such a wonderful daughter and daughter-in-law.  They are both good mothers, wives and daughters.  The same applies to my son and son-in-law.  I know I have the love of my family and I can think of no greater gift on Mother's day. 

I received a most delightful tub of Impatiens from my youngest granddaughters.  Impatiens is my most favorite summer flowers.  Also known as jewel leaf, this is one of my favorite herbs as it has both aesthetic and medicinal value.  Whether the girls realized the double value of their gift is doubtful, but that tub sure made me smile!

Before I close this little note I feel the need to ask for prayers for the people of Alabama.  The tornado damage is very widespread in this state as we witnessed through our drive through central and north Alabama.  I have been told that the southern parts of the state were damaged much worse than the areas I saw.  An insurance adjuster I spoke with during my stay said the damage was more like the results of a hurricane.  Recovery is still on going and many people are still homeless and doing without. 

Until next time  . . .

Happy reading!
Belle

No comments: