Sunday, July 5, 2009

First Week of July

The hummingbirds are feeding again, the chicken is off the nest (no chicks, no eggs, no anything - she just left), rain is on the way and my yard is anticipating that rain coming in tonight.

My children (and that means children and grandchildren) spent the weekend with me and I feel restored. I always feel as if something is missing after a few days without seeing some of my children. I see more of my son and his family, but my daughter lives away and it is a special treat when she is with me. She is a balm to my soul. A special gift from God, she is what I wish I could be - practical, compassionate, caring, realistic, independent yet dedicated to her family, trusting, strong in faith - in my eyes, she has it all. But then, I am prejudiced, yet those that know her feel the same way. She and her husband compliment each other so completely.

I enjoyed some beautiful fireworks last night - we went for the grandchildren to enjoy and I don't believe they saw the first one. They sure enjoyed playing on Nanna's truck and visiting with friends. That's okay, I love fireworks. My daughter was born on July 3 and at two years old advised me she didn't want those things at her next birthday. It took many years before she learned to enjoy the magic.

Hubby just came in from the garden. the cut worm we have looked high and low for is no cut worm at all. It is that blasted beautiful rooster pecking my green tomatoes. Who would have thought! Not only do they still the seeds, but the fruit of what is left. At least the problem is identified and I can quit digging through that foliage looking for something that isn't there. We are getting lots of squash, peppers and tomatoes now. I am ready to put in the next round of veggies and hope they make it through the hot part of the summer.

Many people are heading to the beaches, mountains, or somewhere on vacations this week. This is the week I will miss the excitement of Panama City, the beauty of Gulf shores, the waves of Daytona, the tranquility of Jekyll, the exotic Key West, the historical Savannah, the cool mornings and evenings of Townsend, the discoveries of Cades Cove, the wonders of the many caverns of West Virgina, and all the people I meet when visiting these places. But only for a moment. I am so content in my little world, I have not desire to wander. This may change, but for now, this is where I am suppose to be. Travellers - have fun and stay safe.

I am working on my third book and I do believe I will leave it and pursue another experience for my little friend. The ideas are just popping in my head and I am anxious to get back to my writing. My grandchildren are spewing forth ideas faster than I can write and I find myself jotting down ideas for my next segment. The children are growing rapidly and as I listen to them play I can discern the changes developing in their action, reactions and though processes. It is incredible to listen to them play. My books reflect much of their combined personalities and characteristics. I only hope I am doing them justice. They enjoy my stories anyway and are always anxious for the next one. I have found much joy in writing and even though it hasn't paid any bills yet, I am praying it will turn fruitful soon.


Enjoy the vacation week and until next time . . .

Belle

No comments: