Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fishing With Hubby

It's late afternoon and time to hit the lake. Going fishing with hubby today and probably tomorrow. The shell cracker have been biting and so have the crappy. Nothing feels better than the feel of a big bream grabbing your hook and reeling that big boy in.

The kids always want to go in the middle of the day. Way too hot kiddos! Those big boys dive deep and swim in the dark cool water of the lake and they are too busy watching for the fish of prey to have time to bite a hook. Wait until the sun cools down and there are shadows on the water and they will move closer to the top. By then they are hungry and feel safe and you can nab them quickly.

There was a summer on Lake Kerr that we played in and on the lake until long after dark and it never bothered me then. My loving cousins would flip that canoe over and in the water I would go with the turtles, snakes and frogs. Yuck! I must have been crazy! Now, you won't catch Belle on the water after dark. Too creepy! I don't like the slimy things rubbing against my feet and legs and surely not the turtles nibbling my toes.

For more Belle stories go to http://site.google.site.com//bellestalesandmore/home . Happy reading and until tomorrow, Keep on smiling.

Belle

2 comments:

Jenjie said...

Hey chickadee... your link to the new website isn't working. I clicked it from above and it wouldn't take me anywhere.

belle said...

Try again - my bad!