Monday, July 13, 2009

Memories of Old Friends

This has been a great weekend and early week for me. I reconnected to two important people that have been very important to me and I have carried in my heart but had lost contact.

My cousin has always been special to me even though our relationship has always been over a great distance. I lost her email and have just reconnected. I am so happy.

The other is one of my best friends from high school. My school years were full of inner turmoil. Not my friend - she was full of life, always happy. She came from a large happy family filled with love. I am so glad to have reconnected and hope we can reforge the bonds that made our friendship so special to me even if it is just an email relationship as I don't even know where she lives yet! I look at our pictures and see we have both changed with time - I miss her beautiful red hair, but she still has that wonderful smile. My black locks have long given over to the silver and gray. I look in the mirror and wonder where that girl went; knowing she is still inside and I wouldn't go back for anything. Friend, we have a lot of catching up to do!

I have been able to stay connected to many people that have passed through my life via this wonderful Internet. It has sparked memories, reconnected me with friends and provided possibilities for the future. I love email - I have always liked writing over talking. I can go back to those words and read and re-read them. They don't disappear into thin air or get jumbled in my mind. I can keep in touch with those near and far. I even like the junk stuff. It let's me know someone had to think of me for just a second even if it was to only click on my name. That feels good.

I have much to look forward to and eagerly await my next message. To all you bloggers, keep writing - you may just brighten someone's day.

1 comment:

Jenjie said...

It is so wonderful to connect with people that you miss. I am so happy for you.