Monday, October 19, 2009

Friends

My friends are all different personalities and display various characteristics that have drawn me to them again and again.
Some are fun loving and always happy, some are solemn and serious, some are busy and stressed, and some are laid back and easy going. I have some friends who are out to change the world. I have some friends who are thoroughly enjoying the world as it is. I have peace making friends who don't like the pot stirred, but aren't happy with the way things are but they just want to let the pot simmer. I have friends who love to keep stirring the pot and adding ingredients just to see what will happen - I call these stink stirrers because their are just some ingredients that don't mix and a stink usually follows these friends. Then there are friends who are too busy to even know what is going on unless it involves their current tasks or disaster. All of these friends make up my life! I love them all! They provide me with a variety of views that keep my mind in the right place and encourage me to view the world through other's eyes.

I was reviewing my email list this morning to determine who would enjoy an email I had received. As I came to a name I would review their personality in my mind to determine whether to forward on go on to the next name. Some were judged as suitable or not based on the content of the emails I received from them. As I sat contemplating the list, I realized that maybe I should do it different. Maybe they would enjoy something out of their ordinary. Don't we all like a change of pace as long as it doesn't offend? Who was I to judge what my friends would enjoy? There are so many facets to each and every one of us! Then I started thinking about how my friends view me. Some have told me their thoughts; others are just there, I really don't know how they "see me."

There have been many adjectives attached to me in my 58 years. What others see in me is not what I see in myself! Here are some of the words friends have used to describe me and my connotations of those words. Remember I am referring to friends, not enemies - they have other words to describe me.

Wise - I have lived a long time and learned to live by my rules and values not someone else's (I can spout off advice all day, but you have to learn your way, not mine). Tight Wad - again, what I value is not what someone else values for me. Prude - I am open minded, but refuse to give up my morals and integrity. Compassionate - I care about people, but don't like to be taken advantage of under any circumstances. Plain spoken - if I don't tell you what I think and how I feel, who will (nobody knows me better than I do)? Mean - I am very straightforward in relating what is acceptable and what is not, but if you want to push my buttons, go ahead - but remember I will fight back. Family oriented - my family is very important to me - God gave me children to instruct in his way and to become responsible adults. Don't judge, you haven't reached your end and neither have they - we are all still on the journey of life. Christian - the most important part of my being. I am far from a perfect human being, but God isn't through with me yet. I have been on some hard roads and haven't finished travelling yet, but I find if I follow rather than lead, the trip is much easier.

Now, now friends, how would you describe me? Would you be surprised if I wrote about you? What would I say? Is your life presented in a way that displays your real feelings and your true being? I love you all and you give me so much! If you get an email that doesn't sound like me, remember I am constantly expanding, learning and finding my way.

Keep reading!

Belle

1 comment:

Jenjie said...

I would say you are a strong person and a compassionate person. Someone who raised her children to love people for who they are not what they do. And above all you love your family whether they are doing the right things or not.