Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Memories of Barbeques




Family reunions and Barbeque - can't beat it!








Hogs cooking over a pit of coals exuding delicious smells and brings on the anticipation!









Basting the meat to enhance the juices flowing from these delicious beasts. Sauce is home made and a little on the warm side, but oh so good.








Hog head stew is the best around, but for those with softer constitutions we use pork roast, beef roast and chickens. The combination makes the delicious base for the brunswick stew made the old fashion way; cooked over an open fire in old black iron kettles.






Good food, good friends and loving family - oh what wonderful memories!

4 comments:

Jenjie said...

I really, really miss that. We need to do it again! Time to carry on.

belle said...

Give me 2 weeks to get over all this surgery and I might be up to it!

MaryBeth said...

I wish I would have been around for those!

Anonymous said...

Sure enough the good ole days!