Thursday, October 29, 2009

Old Pictures

Nothing can take you down memory lane like old pictures. Our family had a reunion beginning with the birth of my daughter in 1974 every year until 2000. I have pictures from everyone, but for the life of me do not remember the year of each picture. The sadness here is that I can tell about when it was by those attending and have since passed on.

Family from Arizona, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and more gathered on the last weekend in September for the big get together. Oh how I miss those days!

I know I have written about the Barbecue before, but it was always so much more. There is always disagreements and strife in families, but on this weekend for 26 years, it was always put behind us and everyone remembered the good times, forged new friendships and created new memories. Most of the older group are gone and truly missed. Some of the younger group are gone and sorely missed. There are those here now that don't remember the big get together and some who would love to do it again.

Family is stretched even further out now and a few of us keep in touch, but contact information has been lost on so many. I was blessed to find a cousin this year who is dear to me even though the only part of his life I have shared is a long weekend in September. It doesn't matter, there is a molecule in the offspring of Jim Sims and Suzy Brown that draw like a magnet to each other.

It matters not the ups and downs and ends and outs of daily living that we each experience; it is not money, possessions, education, talents, or the lack of any of these things. There is something there that cannot be denied.

I love you guys! Keep reading! Until the next big get together!

No comments: