Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I have been down and out for a couple of days with allergies.  How could something so small be the cause of so much pain?  It is an ongoing problem, but I am on the mend and ready to get back to it. 

The chicks are progressing wonderfully.  We had a scare on Sunday when the daughter-in-law found a "huge" chicken snake in the barn.  We all went running, but the thing out smarted us all and escaped.  I am keeping a close eye out for him as I know he is eating my eggs and will continue to do so until he is dispatched to other terrain.  I knew something was amiss when production dropped from 5 eggs a day to 2 eggs a day. 

The garden is growing by leaps and bounds.  The rain has started everyting to growing including the weeds.  Suppose to get more water today, so the weeding will have to hold until tomorrow or Thursday.  The ground is too wet to be tromping through the rows. 

My oldest grandchildren are coming for a short mid week visit and I will be busy "absorbing" for a few days.  Who knows what we will find to get into, but I have a couple of ideas.   I need to keep them here for a week at least to finish some sewing I started.  They grow so fast they will have outgrown everything before I finish. 

Until next time,

Happy reading!
Belle

No comments: