Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Today is the day of Thanksgiving for the Mother's of this world.  For me it is a day of Thanksgiving for my children and grandchildren.  The times of getting up in the middle of the night, getting through the terrible twos, the sometimes terrific threes, the sickness, the injuries, the stubbornness, all the trials and tribulations of childhood are forgotten by the smiles on the faces of just one accomplishment.  The minutes, hours, and days of happiness and joy brought about by a child are irreplaceable.

I am proud of the people that my children have become in spite of my inexperience.  My children have provided me with the greatest gift I could ever receive and that is my grandchildren.  To my son-in-law and daughter-in-law, thank you for being the parents that you are and instilling in my grandchildren the joy of living and the love of God.

I thank you!

To the rest of you Mother's and Grandmother's out there I hope you have a peaceful, joy filled day.  Some of you have children and grandchildren serving our country on foreign lands and will not be seeing them this year on this special day.  My prayer for you and them is for a safe and happy day.   May they return to you unharmed with a smile on their face and joy in their hearts. 





Happy Reading!
Belle 

No comments: