Saturday, May 1, 2010

I have had a most enjoyable few days with my oldest grandchildren.  My grandchildren never cease to amaze me with the way their wonderful minds work.  None of the four are alike, but all seem to play well together and other than vying for the attention of either their PawPaw or myself, entertain each other well.  I believe my grandson will probably be a writer (he has the most vivid imagination) or any attorney.  He informed me this weekend that he was descended from Al Capone through my grandparents - he explained it all to me as we all had a great laugh over his tale, but alas, there is no way.  He and my youngest granddaughter can take a little bit of information and build a huge story out of it - the facts get a little scrambled, but the story is there.

I could sit and listen to them for hours.   It is so amazing at the things that draw their attention and how they process, interpret and relay information.  I am so pleased at their level of maturity and ability to ask intelligent questions and comprehend information.  Yeah, I know I am prejudice, but that is the perogative of a grandmother.

As I had business at the Clerk of Court's Office this week they accompanied me.  They had a great time meeting friends at the Courthouse, touring the building, and getting a quick explanation of what each office was responsible for and how the court system worked .  Then we made a trip to the Old Jail Museum and was given a great tour courtesy of the curator.  The curator is the most knowledgeable person around for the history of our area and she is not even a native of our county. 

The following day, they toured the local cemetaries, located an old tobacco drying barn and last but definitely not least visited the new Super Wal Mart in Forsyth.  It was a full afternoon, but an enjoyable one.  My grandson enjoyed meeting family almost everywhere we went and was even invited to a cousin's house to ride a goat.  I am sure that goat will still be waiting when he makes his next trip south and the invitation will still be open.

It is a secure and comforting feeling to know that so many people know you or are related to you in an area.  It gives you a connection that provides stability and security.  It is something that is so often taken for granted, but is so precious. 

Thanks to the ever expanding flock of chickens, there is work to do tomorrow, so I will close for now.  Until next time,

Happy reading!
Belle

No comments: