Wednesday, July 28, 2010

God's Blessing

Having diligently worked on cleaning the field behind the barn, I was tired and a little depressed.  I found my broody hen dead Monday morning and her seven eggs eaten.  I have put a lot of time and effort in my little brood and laugh if you must, but a whole lot of my heart into my little ladies.  I have yet to find a snake in the coop, but I know I have some kind of varmint that loves my eggs.  

So,  when the slow rain started this morning, I knew God was speaking to my heart and He had provided the quiet relaxing rain to soothe my sore mind.  With cup of coffee in hand, I sat in the rocker watching the raindrops slowly descent on my little world.  There came a flood of blessings as I sat and contemplated all the changes in my world over the last few months.  I could have dwelled on the many hardships and disappointments, but they did not even cross my mind.  God has been extremely good to me. Having always had a deep and abiding trust that God would lead me where He needed me to be, I have leaned on His guidance more in the past year than ever before and true to His promise I have been greatly blessed.

There have been many times in my life that I distanced myself from God and His love and tried to make a go of life on my own.  After all I am an intelligent person with great decision making skills, but it never worked.  There was always something missing or things would just fall apart.  After a good many "fall downs" I realized that God's decision making skills were a great deal better than mine and following His directions were always so much simpler and a positive outcome always followed.

There are still a few projects God has me working on and with the blessings I have received following his instructions, I know He will see these through to fruition. 

Thanks for the visit and until next time . . .

Happy reading!
Belle

No comments: