Monday, June 6, 2011

Turning Sixty

The trumpets didn't sound, the band didn't play, there wasn't even a big party, but I did turn sixty on Saturday.  It was a most comforting weekend filled with surprises, lots of laughs, great hugs and lots of juicy kisses. 

I visited or talked to most of my family and friends over the weekend and spent two lazy days of being spoiled!  Mu daughter in law baked my favorite brownies and my special friend brought me a cake topped with a little old gray haired lady soaking up the sun and the cutest glasses she decorated.  She even painted the sunbathing lady's hair silver to match mine! 

I enjoyed the fruits of my life though my children, grandchildren, husband and friends.  I have not accomplished all I had intended, but I am not through yet! 

Thank you all for remembering me on my birthday and making it such a memorable occasion. 

Until next time . . .

Happy reading!
Belle

No comments: