Monday, June 6, 2011

The "Wonder" Rose

I am pretty much a plant and flower nut.  I love not only roses, but blooming and non blooming plants.  when my daughter asked what I would like for Mother's Day, I said "a knockout rose."  There is not one in my limited rose garden and I think the profuse blooming of this rose is so beautiful.  It is the rose that keeps on giving.

Roses take an extraordinary amount of time to keep them beautiful and healthy.  During the hot days of summer my outdoor time is limited so I have been hesitant in expanding the rose garden.  My daughter went well beyond my request and furnished me with the "original" knock rose and also the rather new variety called the "Sunny Knockout."  The Sunny Knockout is a more compact variety with just as many blooms in a beautiful soft lemon color. 

I did a little research on these roses before planting.  I found they are practically maintenance free (my kind of plant) and they are resistant to all the ills that normally attack the rose - drought resistant, pest resistant, etc.
These little jewels also clean themselves which means no dead heading!  I think I have found the perfect addition to my little garden!

We will see if they can live through this dry period with extreme heat and make it to the start of summer when things are suppose to get back to normal. I am anxious to see the buds and blooms of this little plant so I can compare to my established beauties.  The Sunny Knockout is suppose to be really fragrant.  That is a big plus in my book.

Time will tell and until next time . . .

Happy reading!
Belle

1 comment:

Jenjie said...

I am so glad you like them! I think the yellow one will be beautiful.