Monday, November 23, 2009

Beer Butt Turkeys

I know! I know! It is suppose to be Beer Butt Chicken, but my husband along with all his friends and some information from his cooking show has set him on fire.

We regularly cook Beer Butt Chickens - you have to try these if you haven't before. Wash chickens, fill cavity with seasoning of your choice (we love Montreal Chicken by McCormick - they have several combinations to suit your taste), season the outside of the chicken, open beer and stick can into cavity of chicken. I set mine in a small roasting pan for stability and put on grill (on low). It takes about 1 - 1 1/2 hours to cook. It is so moist and flavorful - no! it does not take up the taste of the beer!

So, Hubby is going to buy the tall boy beer, pour out the beer and replace the beer with Apple Cider. Season his turkey, ram the can up the rear and let her roll. It will probably take 5- 6 hours to cook. Now, I don't really know if I want him to mess up Thanksgiving dinner and me to end up with no turkey, so I bought a couple of extra turkeys to be on the safe side. I really would have preferred him to experiment before the big event. It probably wouldn't matter, as he keeps getting new tips and ideas as he goes along, so his method changes constantly as does his madness.

Before he gets in today, we may have a whole new menu. But, please, I beg you, those bringing covered dishes please don't change a thing. We must have something to eat! Wish us luck!

Blessing and happiness to all and

Happy Reading

Belle

No comments: