Monday, November 30, 2009

Memorable Thanksgiving

A feast prepared by the talented and loving hands of my family was displayed and then devoured. We ate like we had not eaten all year and then ate some more. My nephew is a Paula Dean fan, so we enjoyed some of her delicious recipes. He told me all the names, but you can forget that, but the fried green tomatoes were a delight. The bread, sausage and cheese casserole was to die for. The pumpkin cheesecake was not only beautiful, but tasty too. Another nephew delighted my taste buds with a pork tenderloin and another with a delicious chocolate peanut butter pie that was not only beautiful, but delicious. The green beans, squash casserole, sweet potatoes, potato salad and macaroni and cheese balanced out the dinner.

The turkeys cooked in apple cider and beer were a real hit as was my daughters dressing as usual. My extra daughter surprised us with her cranberry congealed salad which was delicious. Thanks to my sister in law I had a slice of wonderful coconut pie and pumpkin pie. I am still enjoying the carrot cake my daughter in law brought. The children almost fought over the monkey bread which they finished just before bedtime. The boy cousins had a sleep over at Aunt Nanna Belle's house. It was a real treat for me and I hope for them.

When cousins don't get to see each other often, they have to squeeze every second from every minute they are together. Thank goodness they all get along and are not together long enough to get tired of each other. They had a great time together and built memories for their brain bank.

Mom and Dad arrived and had a great old time. Dad isn't as mobile as he once was, but still manages to get around. We even managed a family picture! It has been a while since everyone was together at one time, so Mom took advantage of it. We have such a great family!

It was a perfect day for the kids to play outside and they took advantage of every minute of daylight, which isn't much this time of year. The older boys took to the woods while our little angels stayed on the porch and did their shopping and tended their dolls. Then they all played a little baseball, but the little one's lack of abilities caused the game to fall short. Give them a few more years and we will have a heck of a ball team. We have 5 girls and 4 boys - just right for a baseball team.

And today, I am thankful for a wonderful Thanksgiving and a loving family.

Happy Reading!

Belle

No comments: