Monday, November 16, 2009

Out of Pocket Part 2

I have been working in other areas this week and have ignored my readers and this post in the process! I am sorry! My creative skills are limited, but I have been diligently working on reformatting (without changing too much) and adding to my Google Site. Please check it out and tell me what you think. I would welcome some comments from my readers.

The Holiday season is fast approaching and I am far from being prepared. I will get there though and as usual it will probably be just in the nick of time. Turkey and dressing first, then tree, then on and on and on.

I am trying to remember why I needed so desperately to get my sewing machine moved. (see article ) I have managed to come up with a few ideas today, but all the great things I had planned to do has slipped away. It will come back, just had a lot on my mind today. Then hubby came in and a pair of pants needed repair. NOW I remember why it had to be moved now. I knew something was going to rip out or tear up and I would need my machine in a hurry. Stuff happens.

My garden is in limbo right now - not dead, but not doing much either. It is waiting for me to get tired of looking at the droopy flower heads (that I should have deadheaded a long time ago) or for that big frost to come that will finish them off. I have raked twice as many leaves as those that fell today and the trees are still turning loose with steady abandon. It too will wait for another day.

I am trying to decide which coupons I have printed off the web are legitimate and which are fakes. I sure don't want to get to the checkout line and some aggressive cashier handcuff me for trying to use a counterfeit coupon. Boy, life sure is getting confusing. I handed the cashier a twenty dollar bill the other day and she examined it for 3 minutes to make sure she didn't have to call the police and then explained she didn't have a "pen". Good grief I would have loaned her mine if I had known!

I normally don't cook sweets. I don't need them, but if they are here I will surely eat. I look forward to the Holiday feasts and the excuse to make yummy pies, cakes, and other goodies. Most will never see Thanksgiving Day as I will finish them off the night before the big dinner just to make room in the fridge for other stuff. I love anything with creamy chocolate, carmel and nuts - any kind - walnuts, pecans, peanuts. That combo seems to make me really smile, you know the ear to ear smile.

Have to run. I am going through all my old recipes to reminesce and then I'll something quick and easy to do. My heart is in the right place, the body is just lazy!

Happy reading!

Belle

Update: I am searching for a recipe for a Humingbird Cake. If you have said recipe I would appreciate a copy. Many thanks!

No comments: