Monday, September 27, 2010

God's World

We didn't have any measurable rain for 5 weeks.  A mist once when a large cloud passed to our south, but that only made us hunger for something more substantial.  And finally on Sunday, God sent a blessing with more than 3 inches of cleansing rain and then again this afternoon a good shower!

That is what is meant by God's time.  Sometimes we know what we need, we just need to be patient and wait.  God provides in his own time.  Sometimes we think we know what we need, but God knows what our future holds and he provides what we need when we need it.  We are suppose to turn our lives over to Him and trust Him to handle our problems, needs, and desires, but we are such a demanding people.  We don't have time to wait.  Like small children, we want what we want when we want it.  Patience is the one thing I continually pray for in my life.  I need to wait for God and know he will lead me in the direction he wants me to go.


The air is much cooler after the rain this afternoon and I am hoping that tomorrow I can get back to the yard work and the many things I have neglected in my outside world.  I have been so anxious for the cooler temperatures, but know by the end of the year I will once again be anticipating the warm sun on my face and the ability to spend hours outside without being bundled up.

Until next time  . . .
Happy Reading!
Belle

No comments: