Thursday, September 2, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

The end of so much and the beginning of much more.  This is the last holiday of the summer season.  Will you be dove hunting on Saturday or trying to get in a final swim for this season, a quick weekend trip or a start on your fall camping early? 

Kids are coming off the mountain for the weekend and spend some time with Nanna.  I am looking forward to seeing them again before their holy days start and trek off to their feast site.  It has really hit home how little time one has when little ones are in school and have a strict schedule to which they must adhere.  I guess it has been a few years and I had forgotten how little time there is between getting off work and time for bed. 

My grandchildren have a play room at our house.  I try to enter this room about every two weeks - it can be a danger zone.  The kids are not destructive, just very creative and the girls favorite game is dress up.  We are big on passing down clothing and it seems the playroom is the central depository for the clothes in transition.  Three weeks ago I trekked upstairs to straighten the playroon to find that something was blocking the door.  Not knowing what was holding the door, I cracked it a little and ran my hand along the edge to see what was wedged behind it, only to find clothes, clothes and more clothes!  Clothes covered every inch of the floor and the beds, but their "stage" (an old trunk I found at an estate sale) was clean as a whistle.  There were a few building blocks and baby dolls under the bed, but these girls had every stitch of hand-me-down clothing scattered all over the room. 

The fashion show that they can grace us with is astounding and brings me much joy.  Already at their young ages you can see their style and taste in each outfit they put together.  They can entertain themselves (and us) for hours and they have so much fun!

Hubby has plans to fill the smoker up with good eats and we plan to enjoy family and friends for the weekend.  I hope all of you have a safe and happy holiday!  I am already planning for Thanksgiving and another big get together!

Until next time  . . .

Happy reading!
Belle

No comments: