Monday, September 20, 2010

Catch up

Enjoyed a quick but joy filled visit with my daughter, my son, my nephew and their families.  The babies are growing so fast these days and I am blessed to get to see them frequently to watch the changes that are taking place.  There is no bigger changes than the first few months after "regular" or "real" school  starts and they are exposed to the magic of learning and the meeting of new people.  The exposure to the way others live and learn is a great part of the learning process. 

Our small town enjoyed an annual festival this weekend of which I chose not to attend.  It is still a little on the warm side for me to be out with thousands of pushing and shoving people all trying to avoid the heat and still the wonderful creations that might be new to this years event.  Once in a while a new vendor will show up with something new and different and really cause a stir, but over the years we see the return of those we have seen many times before.  I do miss the basket weavers that create their wares as we stand and watch.  I could watch them for hours. 

This week, and yes I know I am behind, I will dig up the hostas and divide them and hope I get enough crowns to have a beautiful grouping next spring.  I have to move 9 crowns that are getting way too much sun and place them in a shaded area.  The sun blistered most of them until they looked horrible  in mid summer, but I should have known better than to expose them to full sun.  They will have more shade next year and hopefully be as full and beautiful all summer as they were this spring.

Until next time . . .

Happy reading!
Belle

No comments: