Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What A Hoot!

My sister and I were raised by my Dad as his "boys" - no joke!  There is so much to do on the farm and not the first chore at our house was labeled "male" or "female", they were all just chores and had to be done.  I say that to say this. 

I received a phone call from my Dad this morning.  He ask what I was doing and I told him I was doing some writing.  Then he ask what I had on.  Well, then I hesitated, and asked for a repeat.  Well, he just chuckled and told me to put on some old clothes and come over.  Nope, not on your life!  I ask "Why?" .  Well, I need you to take the tire off Mama's van so I can plug it.  I told him to hold on I would be there in a little bit.  Nope - wasn't gonna happen!  I am no longer his "boy" and at 59 years of age, this old lady don't do tires. 

Last summer he suckered me into coming over to hold a light for him and I ended up under the lawn mower!  I just can't do that stuff anymore, but he doesn't understand cause I am still 26 years younger than he is and he would do it himself if he could just get down there so he could reach it.  We sure have let him down! 

Until next time . . .

Happy reading!
Belle

No comments: