Thursday, November 4, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed my "Girlfriends in God" devotional this morning.  It sent me to my Bible to read the last chapter.  It reinforces all the promises of God and yes, it tells us everything ends as God has promised. If you get a chance today, visit "Girlfriends In God".

Big yard sale this weekend with goodies from multiple households.  Hope people find the treasures among what we consider our junk.  I am a pack rat and so are some of the participants of our sale, so there is no telling what you will turn up that you can't live without.  I really enjoy "yard sales".  I get to visit with neighbors who are too busy with their own lives to visit and I always meet new friends.  It will be cold this weekend so the coffee will be flowing.

It seems to get further and further between visits of my daughter and her family.  I get needy after a few weeks and sometimes my heart pines to touch my grandchildren.  They still have that great child smell when you hug them and your chin hits the top of their heads.  Their little arms - some getting longer- wrap around your waist and squeeze - it is the best feeling in the world.

I am once again getting in the sewing mood, so I hope to be turning out "something to die for" in the next few weeks.  Hopefully I will get creative between now and then.  Daughter has already gotten her customized Christmas stockings going and has received several orders.  The year has flown by and it is closing on the end of another year.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner, I am so excited to see all the family once again.  As time passes we seem to move hither and yon and don't stay in touch as we go about our business.  Nephew is gracing us with some new recipes again this year and I am delighted to test his creations.  There is so much to be thankful for this year.  It has had its ups and downs, but as in the Bible, everything turned out okay.  

Feeding a bunch of bikers a pot of chili for dinner, so I must get to it.  Until next time . . .

Happy Reading!
Belle 

No comments: