Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A wonderful extended weekend with family and friends!  Good food, good fellowship, and great times.  It has taken me a few days to recover, but that is age not infirmity. 

I thank my daughters for straightening and cleaning after the fact and giving me a chance to recover without all that on my mind.  I so enjoy having the family gather here for Thanksgiving and hopefully they enjoy coming. 

The broke warm and sunny and provided the perfect weather for the kids to enjoy the outside and many to eat on the porch and patio.  The counters and tables were filled with good food and everyone ate their fill.  Dad stayed with us for four hours and went home to sleep it all off and get some rest.  He called to make sure I was going to do it again at Christmas. The man does enjoy his food.  He will celebrate his 87th birthday in January, so each year we are thankful he can still join us in celebration and thanksgiving.  His health has gone down rapidly in the last three years, but he keeps on trucking.  Mom moves a little slower than she once did, but don't we all.  She doesn't look as if she has aged a day. 

I am thankful for my family and the blessings I receive from each and everyone. 

No comments: